2.12.2011

Disgusting.

I had, like, three posts lined up before this - even one about how I'm really bad about consistently blogging. But after last night's Pens/Islanders gongshow, I had to post now. The whole game was just a disaster for both sides (I've seen enough Friday Night Lights episodes to know that winning by a lot doesn't make you a success), but the one thing that has my blood boiling right now starts around the 1:30 mark of this video:





Now even though I'm beyond loyal and completely biased toward the teams I support, I try to remain neutral when it comes to judging right or wrong in the sport. Fortunately, Trevor Gillies actions last evening allow me to side with my boys.

I had to look up Gillies' age to make sure he wasn't an 8 year-old with a strange ability to grow a mustache. He's not, he's 32. So really there is zero excuse as to why he not only shot Eric Tangradi an elbow to the head but then proceeded to taunt him after Tango is clearly hurting on the ice.

Are. you. serious.

All I have to say is that Gillies should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself. Actually that's not all I have to say, but what I do have to say is not suitable for public consumption. Grow up. There's nothing remotely professional about what he did.

Can't wait to boo you the rest of your career bud.

2 comments:

Bizzie said...

The Islanders organization should be ashamed of themselves from the owner, GM, head coach, players, and supporting staff. Their actions last night were disrespectful to all involved - fans, other teams, NHL league, and family members of players. I was at the game and witnessed this dark-alley antics. And taunting when a man is down - excessive display of cowardice. These young men spend half their lives away from their families training for the opportunity to display their skills in the NHL and to have a never has-been duster like Gillies try and snuff out a young man's career like that is an outrage. Gillies (Haley and Martin) are the reason the NHL will never become mainstream in USA. They don't play hockey - they merely intend to injure the opposition. It's a mindset with these skill-less thugs. The NHL will be a better product once these 'gong-show' types are banned from the league. No amount of words will ever justify Gillies criminal behavior last night. My words to Gillies is to stay out off the streets of Philly - or you will be introduced the Knee-cap way ... just saying

nicholas richter said...

The Isles may have jumped over the Flyers in my hatred for an opponent. I'm still livid about the entire thing.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com