3.18.2010

Get Crosby for Cooke's Hit? Give me a break.

I waited to get tickets to see my Pens play the Bruins because in the fall I had no problem getting cheap seats off of StubHub close to the game date. This time was different. This time there's a bounty on Matt Cooke's head, and everyone is getting into it. I understand why Bruins fans are angry. They have a right to be. But there's one thing that is really, really making me mad: the calls to go after Crosby. NESN's Jack Edwards called for this -- although no one is surprised about this because Edwards is out of his mind. The Herald also called for it.

Are. You. Kidding. Me.

Because that will really get you revenge!!  Um, no.  It will look sad, pathetic and immature. Like a spoiled brat who didn't get its way. Handle it like a man. Cooke knows what he has to do tonight. He will stand up to whoever wants to drop 'em, and he'll do the dance. Then everyone can move on, and the Bruins can focus on trying to make the playoffs after becoming pretty darn bad in the second half of the season.

I'm very protective of my boys. This game just got taken to a whole other level for me. Go Pens.

1 comments:

Mike Fearon said...

I agree that Cooke, not Crosby, needs to be the focus and Edwards is a crazy person.

From what I understand about Cooke, he has a rep for being a gutless, cheap shot artist that turtles at the first sign of aggression. Cooke's rep should be a main concern for Pittsburgh fans because...

Boston will get its pound of flesh so Cooke better stand up or it might end up that a Pens skill player takes the fall.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com